WORTH Trust undertakes the following activities for persons with disabilities:
- Six Production Centres at Katpadi, Tiruchirapalli and Pondicherry employing mostly persons with disabilities. Almost 90% of the employees are physically challenged.
- Manufacture of Assistive Devices for the Visually Impaired like Braille Slate, Stylus, Abacus, Taylor Frame, etc.
Assembly of the world famous Perkins Brailler and sale at highly subsidised prices within India and other developing countries.
- Digitization of Books for the print disabled and embossing Braille Books.
- Three Technical Training Centres, where boys and girls with disability are provided free vocational training in Turner, Machinist, Welder and Electronics trades at Katpadi, Tiruchirapalli and Pondicherry.
- Computer training and Secretarial Practice course for persons with disabilities at Katpadi, Pondicherry and Chennai.
- Non-formal training of the differently-abled is carried out at our production centers.
- Placement of trained differently-abled students in reputed organisations.
- Government recognized Transitional school for children with speech and hearing impairments from Pre School to Vth std.
- Early Intervention Centre to train Hearing Impaired infants who are below 3 Years in verbal and auditory Skills.
- Day activity Centre for the Mentally challenged.
- Day care centre providing early intervention training for children with developmental delays.
- DDAWO: WORTH works closely in Association with the District Differently-abled Welfare Office in implementing various Government schemes and conducting Assessment and Assistive camps.
- WORTH Trust in its Outreach Programme conducting various awareness programmes highlighting disabled issues at various camps contacted in remote rural areas.